Plantae has the honor of participating in the Xtrema Fruit fair, with a presentation on PRECISION AGRICULTURE FOR OPTIMIZE IRRIGATION AND SAVE WATER in stone fruit, by the hand of Samuel López.
Objectives of the Xtrema Fruit fair
Topics to talk about:
- INTELLIGENT FERTIRRIGATION.
- PLAGUES AND DISEASES.
- GENETIC IMPROVEMENT AND NEW VARIETIES.
- CROP MODERNIZATION.
- COMMERCIALIZATION AND POST-HARVEST.
- ECOLOGICAL CULTIVATION.
Stone fruit that we highlight in the Extremadura community
- The plum. Widely used in the kitchen and in the jam industry.
- Peach, of which Spain is the second largest producer in the world.
- We also highlight the production of Paraguayan, which is a variety of peach.
- The nectarine, mutation of the peach.
- The apricot. Just like the important plum in the industry.
- Finally the cherry, highlighting the «picota» and the cherry with the «Valle del Jerte» designation of origin.
In plum and cherry, the Extremadura community is a pioneer, both in production as well as in quality and export.
The Extremadura community wants to become one of the pioneers in stone fruit precision agriculture, highlighting the importance of modernization in production:
- From pest control, with the appearance of new diseases.
- The improvement of productions, through genetic studies that improve the quality, flavor and adaptation of species such as the Japanese plum.
- Marketing at all levels. One of the main importing countries is Germany, but all European countries import our fruits. We stand out in this community with the export of plum and cherry. At national and international level.
- The prospects for organic farming. The importance of consumer demand and the new trend to eat healthier.
- Precision agriculture to optimize irrigation with the importance of saving water and avoiding waterlogging.
- The use of technology, tablets, drones, computers, information through GPS.
- The training of new farmers and aid from the administration.
Plantae's intervention at Xtrema Fruit
During the presentation by Plantae, which will take place at around 4pm, the topics to be discussed are:
- Real situation of world expectations on production and consumption of water in the agricultural sector.
- Irrigated agriculture: when and how much to irrigate. Soil types, methodologies, new technologies.
- Probes and sensors used.
- Plantae technology.
- Examples of savings and optimization of Plantae clients in different localities and provinces.