Plantae designs and develops this year 2020 a flowmeter for wireless irrigation at the request since 2018 of its distributors and customers.
It is already on the market, allowing real-time reporting of applied irrigation as well as deficiencies between actual irrigation and that estimated by the farmer, technician or irrigator.
What is a wireless irrigation flowmeter?
It is an instrument that measures the flow or consumption of water (or any fluid), in this case wireless with the help of a sensor.
The flowmeter will be a relevant tool for the control of irrigation. It is applicable in different sectors and assesses the correlation of data between supplied liters and soil moisture.
Advantages of a flowmeter for irrigation
- Controls the irrigation at the beginning or end of the irrigation sectors (configurable according to the type of pipe/dripper).
- Mark the start and end times for each irrigation, total duration and liters applied.
- Detects breaks or clogs in the irrigation system.
- Improve water management in your plantation or crop.
- Compare the theoretical flow of the sector with its real flow, obtaining a percentage (%) of deviation.
- It relates the risks with the graphs of humidity in subsoil.
- Identify when and how often a well loses charge.
- Establishes the relationship between liters contributed with production obtained and makes irrigation profitable to use the least amount of water possible while maintaining or improving productive results.
- Check that the irrigation plan is being carried out when and how the technician recommends.
- Improves irrigation protocols in the plantation.
Where can you put a flow meter?
It can be applied to any type of hose and it brings great benefits to professional agriculture and gardening even more combined with other sensors.
All the technology that optimizes humidity, irrigation, conductivity gives the farmer information in real time that makes the control over the plant of high quality.
The optimization of all resources quantifies the nutrient flow that the plant receives and that makes its development occur without water stress and the quality of the fruit and the quantity is much higher.
With the flowmeter, you can measure exactly:
- How many liters have been contributed per tree in a sector.
- The pick-up time.
- The production of that sector per tree.
With these data you can get:
- Un ratio o gráfica de litros en un eje.
- A production ratio.
Real case of your application
A peach customer, with the help of the sensors, cuts his water consumption in half and obtained the same production, with which his ratio of water used per kg of production fell.
This is a positive figure because you are spending less resources (water and fuel) to obtain the same production, thus, in addition to leaving less ecological footprint, you save money.
With the help of the flowmeter for irrigation, these data can be obtained by sector and not by the total amount of water removed by the pump.