The water balance on plants and rootstocks of the pink Barbastro tomato controlled by Plantae sensors is the subject of study, with surprising results that we detail in this article.
What do we call agricultural water balance?
The water balance at ground level is the relationship that exists between the different contributions of water and the losses of water suffered by transpiration into the atmosphere.
How is the agricultural water balance in the pink tomato of Barbastro
The study carried out in tunnel-type greenhouses is done as follows:
- Preparation of the land with subsoiling and fertilizing.
- Drip irrigation installation.
- Wet planting.
- Irrigation is suspended for 15 days to promote rooting.
- Trained of the plants.
- Activation of irrigation with controlled measurements.
- Installation of 3 sensors of 30 cm in length per irrigation line.
- Irrigation scheduling.
Conclusions of the effect of irrigation control in Barbastro tomato
The study confirms, according to the report carried out, that the water balance influences several factors:
- In field capacity, that is, the amount of moisture that the soil is capable of retaining.
- That the decrease in irrigation directly influences production .
- The increase in irrigation in field capacity produces a high number of cracked tomatoes .
Plantae sensors / probe as the solution
The study itself determines that Plantae sensors / probe are the solution to control the water balance of the soil and produce in quantity and quality.
Our technology is wireless , inexpensive and easy to use.
The technology is based on:
- Intelligent radio frequency sensors that communicate with a Hub or receiver that in turn sends the data via gprs to the web platform.
- Wireless, easy to install for the farmer and professional and with all the data in real time whatever your location.
- They are also equipment based on very low prices compared to current market technology, which allows them to be accessible to any farmer, agronomist or company in the sector.
The sensors measure subsoil humidity and temperature, relative humidity, subsoil and ambient temperature, flow measurement with a flow meter and salinity in all types of crops.