Probes Plantae measure soil moisture at different depths and automatically, the conductive tendency and the surface temperature of the soil and subsoil, without the need for cables or complicated installations focused on optimizing irrigation and saving water.
Today we visit several citrus groves
The fresh citrus sector is very important in Spain, for a reason it is the world's leading exporter and the sixth largest producer. The Valencian and Andalusian communities are the pioneers in its production, especially the orange. On the dates that we write this post, the lemon tree is in luck since the lemon is at a very good price.
A few years ago they were described as crazy but now they are the ones who are making money.
The citrus fruits that stand out in our country are:
- Lemons with varieties such as: common, eureka, villafranca and others.
- Oranges , which can be early like "navel" and white, Sanguine and late like the "verna valenciana" type.
- Tangerine common and clementine among the best known.
- Grapefruit white and pigmented.
Probe controlled irrigation in the citrus sector
The first thing that influences the quality of citrus fruits is the climate, it must be temperate. The second is the quality of the terrain, better sandy. And finally irrigation and fertilizers.
Probe-controlled drip irrigation is ideal. Controlled irrigation in citrus will ensure that we achieve a good production and of better quality. Always avoiding flooding.
The ideal is to adjust the irrigation to the characteristics of the tree, the type of soil, the climate and the season of the year.
That is why the technology Plantae makes this control much easier and thus achieve the production and quality objectives.
Another important factor and with some difficulty in citrus fruits is to be able to advance production according to market demand, with changes in irrigation and fertilizers. For this reason, it tends to be more concentrated at the time of fruit set and decreases at the end of summer, in September, which is when the fruit grows the most. At the beginning of autumn it should be watered again abundantly.
If you want to reduce the size of the fruit, irrigation and fertilizers must decrease.
Factors to consider to control the irrigation of citrus fruits and especially in lemon trees with probes / sensors
- The breadth of the field.
- Percentage of permanently wilted leaves.
- Apparent density of the soil.
- Depth of the roots.
- The irrigation threshold.
- Percentage of soil wet by the emitters, especially if it is dripping.
- Composition of the soil and fraction of stones present in it.