The control con sondas en la leguminosas y oleaginosas nos va a indicar en cada momento la necesidad de agua de la planta, fundamentalmente en lentejas y cacahuetes.
What are legumes?
They are the plants that produce in their pods the legumes such as: lentils, chickpeas, dry beans (beans) in all its varieties (white, pints ...), peanuts, peas and others. They form one of the most important nutrients for their contributions in minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, fiber and high quality plant proteins for the body.
Legumes are one of the most important foods in the diet and their consumption is fundamental throughout the world.
Probe irrigation in legumes
With such a variety of plants, we cannot generalize their way of irrigation. We are going to develop the most convenient for some of the most cultivated legumes in Spain:
- Chickpeas: they do not need much watering. It withstands drought very well, which is why it is cultivated throughout the central area of Spain. The root is pivoting and depending on the area it reaches between 30 and 50 centimeters deep. As the climate is drier the root is longer.
- Fava beans or dried beans: they also withstand drought well and do not need much watering. The root is pivoting but with more secondary than the chickpea and shorter.
- Lentejas: todo lo contrario de las anteriores. Necesita humedad constante y por tanto riego controlado con sondas para valorar si tiene el agua necesaria sin encharcamientos. Pueden ser:
- Lentejas pequeñas: con raíces superficiales y sensibles a la falta de humedad.
- Lentejas grandes: con raíces más profundas. Necesita mucha humedad en la siembra. El clima mejor frío en períodos de lluvia.
- Es muy sensible a la salinidad. Muy importante por tanto controlar el cultivo con sondas de conductividad.
- Peanuts: very similar to lentils. It needs humidity without puddles. The roots are taproots with many secondary and deep roots. The plant in general of low bearing.
The probes in legumes establish the necessary irrigation control to achieve excellent quality and a considerable increase in production.
What are oleaginous?
They are plants with seeds such as sunflower, soybeans and rapes. All of wide consumption and very cultivated in Castilla y León. The fundamental thing is its oil production, either for human or industrial consumption.
Irrigation in oilseeds
- The sunflower: plant with a tap root, that is, a more developed main one and other finer secondary ones. The root reaches quite deep. It can be cultivated in dry land because the root seeks water quite deep, but its production increases considerably in controlled irrigation, especially at the beginning of flowering, but without flooding.
- Colza: also a tap root, it requires a lot of water but is very sensitive to waterlogging, which is why irrigation control with moisture probes is very necessary. Irrigation is especially important in flowering.
- Soy: requires humidity and especially during flowering. The lack of water greatly reduces production. The pivoting root also reaches quite deep, always looking for water.
Irrigation scheme with probes in legumes and oilseeds:
7-Profundity of the main root.
8- Wet bulb.
10-Rainwater or irrigation.