It is an honor to share the Plantae technology in a talk organized by « Gesmontes » on « humidity sensors for irrigation efficiency». We share the video in this article.
Objectives of the talk
Our CEO of Plantae Samuel López, participates in an informative talk collaborating directly with a client, Juan Casado de Gesmontes (efficient soil management), who has installed our humidity and conductivity sensors.
The video consists of two parts:
- Exposure of Plantae technology and its application to various crops.
- Live response to the questions raised by the participants in the talk.
We try to answer the unknowns that most farmers have:
- Have you ever wondered if it is possible to make 100% efficient use of irrigation water on a farm?.
- Is it better to water with a lot of water a few times or to water in a recurring way with less water?.
- Having the possibility of watering our crops is a great luck and at the same time a great responsibility.
- It is necessary to understand that the water reserves destined for agriculture are becoming scarcer and the competent authorities every day demand greater efficiency in the use of water.
- We must also understand that we are watering with money: fuel, electricity, repairs, labor ...
Therefore, in the search for maximum efficiency in a farm (doing the most with the least resources) we must include the efficient use of irrigation water.
And this is precisely what we were talking about this past Saturday in the session that we do live on a monthly basis.
In this case, we were looking at what Soil Moisture Sensors technology is and how it works in controlling the irrigation efficiency of a farm.
In addition, we show live real examples of a farm in which this technology is used where it can be observed how, depending on the type of soil and according to the data we receive from the sensors, the way of watering each sector is modified.
You can't imagine how our way of watering changed, says our client Juan Casado.
We went from watering all sectors for 8 hours and every day to watering sectors every 10 days with 24 hours and other sectors watering them every 3 days with 4-6 hours.
And the most important thing is that we have managed to improve the state and production of the farm with a very small amount of water.
Moisture sensors for efficient irrigation
Water is a very limiting resource and its saving is one of the main objectives of farmers, while saving energy, improving the environment and achieving quality and more production.
- Plantae technology increases irrigation efficiency, achieving savings and quality.
- It applies to all types of crops and terrain.
- We do a personalized study for the client.
- It seeks to solve the problem posed by the client.
- We also do a detailed study of the graphs that the farmer can see on his tablet or mobile.
- Easy to install.
- Wireless and no need for Wi-Fi.
- Personalized information.
- Monitoring and advice from our Agro team.
Most importantly, the exposure of a customer with their irrigation experience.
Explain the importance of controlling irrigation with sensors.
All this leads to water and energy savings with a real and verified case.
Live questions farmers ask about sensors in irrigation
These are some questions that are collected in the video and answered by both the CEO of Plantae and our client.
Q-How much can you save?
A- Between 5% and 50% depending on the amount of water, the application of irrigation and the needs of the crop. We take into account the field capacity and water needs, and obtaining the best quality of the product.
p. Can we know the starting point of wilting based on the information from the humidity sensors in irrigation?
A- Yes, it can, depending on the type of crop, traditional or intensive and the soil always advised by our agronomist engineers.
It is more interesting to avoid reaching the wilting point. Avoid the hydric stress of the crop by means of the graphs and with practice it is possible to make a very efficient irrigation control.
Q- What factors must be taken into account when dividing the farm?
A- The first thing to assess the type of soil through satellite images we know how moisture behaves. Install a good irrigation system. Type of farm and crop. Plantae adapts to all kinds of situations.
The costs of the sensors are very affordable to have a sensor in each type of area. This is the best way to avoid drying out the sandy or puddling the clay.
It can be installed in rental mode, trial mode or as a purchase option, as you can see on our website.
Q-Moisture sensors in irrigation at what depth and distance should they be placed?
A- The depth depends on the type of soil and the root system of the crop. The sensor should go at the point of the dripper or slightly spaced on heavier soils.
Q- Can the sensors be covered to prevent them from being damaged by agricultural work?
A- They can be protected without problem with a net or a sheaf. They can be removed and put back on.
Q. Are the assemblies all solar or do you have to have light?
A- There are two modalities. It depends on whether it is an outdoor farm or greenhouse, farmhouses ...
Q- What type of sensors need periodic calibrations?
A- It is a service that Plantae offers initially and normally does not require recalibration.
Q- How much water does an olive tree need per year?
A- It depends on the type of traditional or super-intensive cultivation. The important thing is to give him the water he needs.
You can expand the information by watching the video