Organic farming has become one of the most relevant trends in recent years, highlighting the olive trees hojiblanca variety.
Factors influencing the increase in organic farming
There are several reasons:
- The demand for higher quality products.
- The purpose of the primary sector to improve the quality of treatments.
- Obtaining healthier products is the priority for some farmers.
After testing our sensors on Arbequina olive trees during 2017, it is one of our clients who will bet on an organic cultivation of olive trees with the proposal:
- A first line of products called "BioFresh" focused on organic olive trees for a first phase.
- Secondly, for a fruit and vegetable crop.
Application of sensors / probes in organic olive tree variety hojiblanca
Our PlantaeAGRO team begins with:
- Data analysis.
- Type of terrain.
- Optimization of water resources.
- Later, several humidity sensors with wireless technology were installed in the hojiblanca olive tree.
For a correct study of humidity, sensors have been installed at 40cm and 60cm depth in order to measure in the main area of the bulb.
Taking into account that 2.10 liter / hour drippers will be installed and a separation of 1 meter between them, we will be able to monitor the irrigation data without problems and thus mark new patterns and dates for correct water use.
Characteristics of the hojiblanca variety olive trees
Considering that it is a traditional plantation, we fundamentally highlight:
- Medium vigor first.
- Resistance to calcareous soil.
- Drought resistance
- Also tolerance towards winter cold.
Characteristics of the hojiblanca olive
The olive has a high weight of more than 6 grams and a rounded shape and spherical, with the following characteristics:
- Ripens late.
- Productivity is high but alternating since it is affected by the contrañada phenomenon.
- Mechanical harvesting is difficult since the fruits have great resistance to detaching from the tree.
- It is harvested at the end of the season (March-April), which gives it little productivity.