The province of Segovia hosts the VII Congress of «New productive challenges for outdoor horticulture» , on January 15 in Cuellar.
Horticulture is the entire set of technology, research and businesses that exist around the production of vegetables that can be produced in open-air gardens.
To cultivate an intensive or family garden we must take into account several factors:
- The risk of frost, especially if they are late.
- The number of hours of the sun.
- The type of terrain.
- The possibilities of irrigation.
- Type of crops suitable for the chosen place.
What is an orchard?
By definition it is the place of cultivation of vegetables, legumes and sometimes fruit trees. Not forgetting the flowers.
We can therefore distinguish several types of tillage:
- Floricutura : production and commercialization of flowers and ornamental plants.
- Oleoculture : vegetables of all kinds.
- Fruit growing : fruit production and market.
- Aromatic and medicinal plants: essential in kitchen and pharmacy.
- Arboriculture : production of ornamental trees for gardening and interiors.
Phases of an orchard
Plantae presents its project for outdoor horticulture
Our CEO Samuel López is honored to participate in this horticulture fair. With this conference he will explain how to modernize this important sector with Plantae's proposal: « Precision agriculture to optimize irrigation and save water in horticulture».
Our experience in this type of cultivation is extensive. We have sensors installed in products such as:
- All kinds of fruit trees .
Optimizing water with humidity sensors and increasing the quantity and quality of production in this sector is recognized by farmers.
All this combined with:
- First and foremost adequate machinery.
- Second, fertilizers and phytosanitary products that respect the environment.
- Data collection is very important to improve future harvests.
In this way, we achieve precision agriculture that will ensure that the results are the most optimal and favorable for the farmer and the consumer.
Advantages of Plantae sensors in outdoor horticulture
Our technicians study the crop, the type of terrain and the climate of the area. If necessary, satellite images are used to determine the number of sensors and the ideal situation.
Los sensores nos dan datos en tiempo real de:
- Moisture in the soil at different depths depending on the rootedness of the crop.
- Subsoil temperature.
- Conductivity and therefore salinity values.
- Measurement of the water flow to irrigate and irrigation time.
VII Congress of «New productive challenges for outdoor gardening »
In addition to Plantae, the following collaborate:
- "Bejo Ibérica", specialist in horticultural seeds.
- «Prodestur» Segovia, promoting the economic and tourist development of Segovia, controlling water quality, analyzing soils, plant materials and organic fertilizers in the laboratory.