For the second consecutive year, Plantae attends the International Fruit and Horticultural Fair Fruit-Attraction 2019. This time with a greater presence in the Smart Agro area and a presentation on Water saving systems and irrigation optimization.
Esta feria organizada, por IFEMA y FEPEX en Madrid del 22 al 24 de octubre, es el punto de encuentro de todos los sectores relacionados con las frutas y verduras a nivel nacional e internacional.
Objectives of Fruit-Attraction 2019
In the Fruit-Attraction 2019 program, the following stand out:
- IV International Congress of Stone Fruit . Spain is a major stone fruit exporter and this fair attracts interested people from all over the world.
- Stone Fruit Attraction . The group of stone fruits is thus defined because it is considered to be a fruit with a stone inside. It is actually the seed that is inside this stone. Of this type are peaches, nectarines, plums, mangoes, almonds, apricots and cherries.
- Biofruit Congress . Presentation of the new EU regulation for exports and imports. Also assess the importance of the local market.
- Biotechnology Attraction . Present the latest advances in biology and chemistry applied to agriculture.
- Conference on Singapore and India , importing countries invited this year.
- Fruit Attraction powers Organic Hub related to organic fruit and vegetable products.
- Also Smart Agro where Plantae and companies with new technologies and connectivity.
- The Nuts Hub area of nuts. Space to present our almonds, walnuts, chestnuts, hazelnuts and pistachios.
- The Innovation Hub and Foro Innova areas of innovation and business news. The Accelera Awards for Innovation and Entrepreneurship are presented.
- Flower & Garden Attraction of live plant flowers.
- Ecorganic market , organic meat market.
- Finally Fruit Fusion is presented this year as Factoría Chef with culinary demonstrations related to fruits and vegetables.
Plantae at Fruit Attraction
The humidity, temperature and conductivity sensors are present in a lot of products of interest for this fair. In it, the subsoil temperature sensor, flow meter and a soil mapping system will be presented together with the Partner Conapa .
The objective of Plantae is to provide tools and modernization to the irrigation system, helping the farmer to optimize water resources, obtain quality products and increase production.
Our sensors cover most of the communities on the peninsula, in addition to Algeria and soon in France with products as varied as:
- Stone fruit in all its varieties.
- Watermelon nurseries.
- Almond trees.
- Canarian banana
Plantae Conference at Fruit-Attraction 2019
Within the programming of Tuesday 22, has the honor of presenting Plantae with our CEO Samuel López, a conference on "water saving and soil optimization systems" . Two points of extreme importance for stone fruit and vegetable farmers.
Several points were discussed in the presentation:
- The importance of the design of a water system in irrigated plantations.
- Methodologies for determining "when" to irrigate and "how much" water to add.
- Existing technologies in the optimization of resources within irrigated agriculture.
- Control of water stress in fruit trees and vegetables by controlling the wet bulb of the plant, measuring one, two or three depths depending on the type of crop.
- Avoid the accumulation of salts.
- Examples of readings in the Plantae sensors for avocado, citrus, pepper and olive crops. In different types of soil and variety.
- Plantae benefits and advantages: wireless technology, custom sensors in depth of measurement and agronomic algorithms, scalability and price.
Fruit Attraction 2019 is a world reference event for the commercialization of fruit and vegetables
The 1770 companies from 58 countries, from:
- Europe 89%.
- Africa 2.5%.
- Asia 2,5%.
- America 6%
With 89,390 professional participants from 126 countries, they establish a commercial connection between all professionals in the fruit and vegetable industry.
Trends, innovation, sustainability, knowledge and commercialization have been the main thematic axes on which this edition has revolved, in which motivating "experiences" has been one of our pillars of the call.
The Fair once again facilitated the collection of fruit and vegetables from exhibitors for the Madrid Food Bank , which managed to collect 40,000 kilos of fruit and vegetable products .
The next edition of Fruit Attraction will take place from October 20 to 22, 2020.