Finally, on April 28, 29 and 30, the 62nd edition of the Mora Olive Festival , a municipality in the province of Toledo, arrives.
This festival is one of the most important in relation to the olive tree, olive and oil in all of Spain, so the large influx of people who pass through this Toledo land on these dates is taken advantage of to hold the EVOO Fair (Olive Oil of Extra Virgin Olive).
In previous editions it has had more than 10,000 people the 4 days that it is open to the public.
Topics to be discussed - EVOO in Mora
In this fair we will talk about very interesting topics related to agriculture, especially with the olive tree, such as:
- The production process.
- The residues of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO).
- The use of microorganisms in vegetable water.
Other topics of great interest will also be discussed, such as:
- Phytoremediation .
- Vermicomposting , a product that comes out of the decomposition of organic matter produced by the activity of certain species of worms, normally of the genus Eisenia
- Precision agriculture , a topic he will talk about Plantae on Monday 30 at 12:30 pm explaining its wireless sensor / probe technology that measures soil moisture in real time.
AID TO THE FAIR
The Mora City Council, coordinator of the Life + Regrow project, which consists of rehabilitating a space occupied by disused vegetable water ponds , has:
- Help from the Spanish Association of Olivo Municipalities (AEMO).
- The company GESREMAN.
- The University of Almería.
- The Miguel Hernández University that will speak at the fair about said project and will explain the methods that will be carried out to achieve a special objective, transforming said ponds into a green area for educational and training purposes.
Finally, it will also be informed of the subsidies and aid for the modernization of irrigation in 2018. For more information you can enter the following link to see the program of the fair.
We wait for you!