Castilla y León has organized the sixth edition of the Agrarian Fair 2019 from January 30 to February 2 in Valladolid. We can find manufacturers of agricultural machinery, importers and distributors of livestock and agriculture.
Professionals at the national and international level participate in the Agrarian Fair 2019.
Objectives of the Agrarian Fair 2019
The agricultural sector is increasingly prepared, using much more technology and updating information to become more competitive.
Among its goals we highlight:
- The most important thing to gain market share.
- Establish direct contact with clients.
- Introduce new products.
- Also showcase the latest advances in technology.
- Schedule technical conferences.
- Organize competitions for technological innovations.
- Presentation of irrigation equipment.
- Publicize precision agriculture with drones and wireless humidity sensor equipment as those offered by Plantae .
- Finally, present at this Agricultural Fair the latest news in seeds, fertilizers and genetic improvements of crops, especially sugar beet.
Agriculture of Castilla y León
In this Community, the following stand out:
- In the first place the herbaceous, such as wheat, barley, rye, corn, rapeseed, beet, sunflower, alfalfa, potatoes….
- The woody ones such as: vine, olive grove, peel fruit, apple trees, pear trees among others are very important.
- Finally forest and grasslands.
Of all the crops we will highlight the the vine , where the province of Valladolid is leading in number of hectares and in wines with designation of origin.
Wines with designation of origin in Castilla y León
Those wines made in that region and that have passed numerous quality filters receive the Denomination of Origin (DO) by the name of the region, district or town. Most in the province of Valladolid.
Valladolid wants to be a benchmark for wine tourism , organizing the wine festival and offering excursions to wineries in the area with designation of origin.
Rueda also organizes the Harvest Festival, declared of Regional Tourist Interest.
Valladolid is the only Spanish province with 5 designations of origin :
- Ribera del Duero.
- Tierra de León.
Visiting the historical heritage, its wineries and enjoying its good weather is a perfect weekend plan.