«Directive 2009/128/EC, of the European Parliament and of the Council, of October 21, 2009, contains the basic provisions relating to the rationalization of the use of the field notebook, to reduce the risks and effects of the use of pesticides in human health and the environment».(BOE)
Objectives of the field notebook
The field notebook has several fundamental objectives that may vary depending on the context and the scientific or study discipline.
General objectives of the field notebook:
- Record of observations: The field notebook is used to record in a detailed and systematic way the observations made during a study, experiment or field work. This includes descriptions of the observed phenomena, collected and measured data, important events and any other relevant aspect.
- Establish the framework for action to achieve a sustainable use of plant protection products by reducing the risks and effects of the use of plant protection products on human health and the environment, and promoting integrated pest management and pest control approaches. or alternative techniques, such as non-chemical methods.
- The application and regulatory development of certain precepts related to the commercialization, use and rational and sustainable use of phytosanitary products, established by Law 43/2002, of November 20, on plant health.
- The digital field notebook will be mandatory by law from September 1, 2023.
What is a field notebook?
It is also called the "farm book" and it is a collection of data that the farmer must do, digitally.
- Must usage. We must keep it for a minimum of three years.
- The format it can be an excel or word. You can fill out a personalized format for each farm.
- Each holding carry a field notebook distinct.
- In particular, it is necessary to keep track of invoices or any document that justifies the acquisition of phytosanitary products.
- In the case of organic fertilizers , indicate: (EB) bovine manure, (EO) sheep manure, (EP) pig manure, (PP) pig slurry, (G) chicken manure, (L ) sewage sludge, (C) MSW compost, (O) others, such as the type of irrigation water.
- Irrigation is specified in the optional fertilization record section.
- Also the contracts with companies or individuals, schedules of the workers, who have carried out the phytosanitary treatments or other tasks such as irrigation.
- Inspection certificates of the phytosanitary product application equipment.
- Proofs of delivery of empty containers of phytosanitary products at the corresponding collection point.
- Analysis reports of residues of phytosanitary products carried out on their crops and productions, and where appropriate, irrigation water.
- Documentation relating to the advice received from the technicians who analyze the crops.
- Delivery notes or sales invoices for the harvest.
The control is carried out by local, regional or state authorities, especially in organic farming.
If the field notebook is forged, it can lead to fines.
The person who signs it is responsible for the notebook.
In the digital field notebook we can also store the graphs of the sensors that we have on the farm, from control of humidity, temperature, conductivity and others.
Field notebook model in PDF