Agrotecnológica in Valladolid is a fair specially designed for the technology sector but focused on agri-food and also called Agriculture 4.0.
The goal is for Agrotechnology to be synonymous with digitizing agriculture.
Agrotecnológica o Agriculture 4.0
Agrotecnológica aims to bring farmers the latest developments in the technology sector applied to agriculture, with the aim of:
- Transform the sector.
- Modernize the entire production chain.
- Make agriculture more competitive.
- Improve quality.
- Increase the amount to meet food needs.
- Take care of the environment and make it sustainable.
- Control pests.
- Facilitate the entire production chain with new technologies.
More and more technical data we have to get used to, even with English terminology.
Internet platforms to group massive data, new technologies both at a mechanical, biological or chemical level are making agriculture take a 180 degree turn.
Agrotecnológica s Agrovid 2020 star alón
The Agrovid 2020 fair featured the vine, a fundamental sector with 9 designations of origin, as we have already highlighted in other articles.
In Agrotecnológica the most innovative companies related to the cultivation and care of vineyards are represented, among which Plantae stands out.
Our humidity, temperature and conductivity sensors are already present in many vineyards in Spain, helping to improve quality and increase production while optimizing water and energy.
Plantae guest company in Agriculture 4.0
Our company participates in this fair with two objectives:
- First present the news that this year brings as we see in the following graph:
- Subsoil temperature sensor: know the temperature at different depths. Applicable to the agricultural, fruit and garden sectors.
- Flowmeter: measure irrigation in real time. detects deficiencies in irrigation. Useful for agriculture, garden technicians and irrigators in general.
- New agronomic algorithms: control of measurements in woody crops, horticultural crops, nurseries, traditional, intensive and super intensive plantations and hydroponics.
In second place, give an informative talk explaining these news, in addition to raising awareness of the « Precision agriculture to optimize irrigation and save water» that can be achieved with our sensors.
The humidity and conductivity sensor is already a reality in much of our geography.
The subsoil temperature sensor is highly demanded by the horticultural sector to know the temperature at different depths. It is also in great demand on the lawn within the garden, for sports fields and gardening.
For Plantae d designing and developing a flowmeter has been a challenge due to the request from distributors and customers since 2018. Now it is in the market, allowing real-time reporting of applied irrigation as well as deficiencies between actual irrigation and that estimated by the farmer, technician or irrigator.
New agronomic algorithms that Plantae is currently working on in woody, horticultural, extensive crops, nurseries ... in traditional, intensive, super intensive, greenhouses, outdoor, hydroponic settings.
These objectives have been achieved thanks to new studies and calibrations in multiple types of soils, crops and clients.