Plantae has been chosen among the 10 leading 'start-ups' «scale-ups» in the agri-food sector in Southern Europe out of 400 projects presented, to participate in the days to improve technology and work on a regenerative, sustainable and healthy agriculture.
Although the training sessions began in July, this September has been the face-to-face sessions and among others with investors, mentors and companies in the cities of Bilbao and San Sebastián (as we have already mentioned in another article . )
Eit Food South
The fields presented by the ten companies are:
- Probiotic and microbiotic nutrition.
- Alternative proteins.
- Sustainable and quality agriculture where Plantae is at the forefront.
- Digital traceability.
- Innovative technology
It is an honor for Plantae to participate as a innovative company within the agri-food system , with the aim of helping with its technology to achieve a healthy lifestyle and a sustainable economy.
Our CEO Samuel López spent the first 4 days in all sessions and face-to-face meetings, presenting the company on Friday 17th through an online intervention.
Eit Food works directly with consumers in order to achieve innovation and transform the agri-food system. To this end, it is involved in building an inclusive and innovative community with consumer participation.
Achieving the transition towards a smart food system, obtaining more nutritious and healthy food and creating a digital food network between consumers and the agri-food industry are some of its objectives.
The Eit Food platform needs a bioeconomic and regenerative agriculture in all fields.
- Regenerate the upper layer of the soil with natural means favoring biodiversity.
- An agriculture that minimizes costs and product losses.
- Maximize profits.
- Get a stable and sustainable agrosystem in the long term.
- Use water responsibly.
Objectives to achieve regenerative agriculture
- Carry out organic farming , free of chemical products and careful with the regeneration of the soil.
- Carry out agricultural practices that improve biodiversity .
- Use compost and return the soil to its natural state.
- Recycle organic waste and improve the environment.
- Regenerate the environment of the agricultural plantation.
- Use water in a controlled way .
- Help reduce the carbon footprint .
- Generate better soil atmosphere.
- Increase the nutrients s and give long duration to the life of the soil.
- Improve the quality of crops.
- Increase the quantity of crops.
- Improve food and therefore health.
It is the economy associated with biological resources, technology and innovation.
The European Union sets five objectives:
- Guarantees r food safety .
- Manage natural resources in a sustainable way.
- Reduce dependence on non-renewable resources .
- Mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Create jobs and keep the EU competitive.
Plantae in regenerative, sustainable and healthy agriculture
Plantae is an enterprising company and in continuous technical progress that favors regenerative, sustainable and healthy agriculture.
Our measurements help the farmer and rancher to make decisions that favor quality production. Always with the aim of advancing technologically according to the demands of the sector and optimizing irrigation in crops, increasing productivity through agricultural sensors of humidity, temperature and other devices (flow meter, rain gauge ...).
Every drop of water counts and we give each plant the moisture they need at all times. In livestock we are in the process of experimentation with humidity and temperature meters to help control production.