Smart agriculture will be present on September 24 and 25 in Malaga, with the third edition of Startup Europe Smart Agrifood Summit 2020. Some thirty of entities and technology companies will present " the largest range of innovative services for the agri-food sector " with the aim of training and entertaining.
Startup Format Europe Smart Agrifood Summit 2020
Given the special circumstances of this year with the covid-19, Startup Europe Smart Agrifood Summit 2020 presents a hybrid format marking strict security measures :
- Networking online to create a network of personal and professional contacts.
- Investor presence.
- Financial entities with Agtech division.
- SMEs, startups and entrepreneurs.
- Universities and research organizations.
- Public administrations at the international level.
- Science and technology parks.
Companies confirming their presence at Startup Europe Smart Agrifood Summit 2020
This important fair wants the digital transformation of the agri-food sector with three clear objectives:
- I + D + I with the agri-food industry.
- Give opportunity to innovative companies.
- Smart applications and digital transformation in the agricultural sector.
Interested companies are:
- Alltech Crop Science.
- Agri Marketplace.
- IRC Automatización
- Unica Group
- More than 300 startups.
Plantae at Smart Agrifood 2020 in Malaga
Our company was already present at the 2018 and 2019 Smart Agrifood editions in collaboration with « Conapa «. In this edition, in addition to having its own stand, will present the technology at the Elevator Pitch Corner on Thursday, September 25 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. f3a570; "> 10 best companies related to precision agriculture .
At this fair, the new products for 2020 will be presented and what is to come in early 2021 will be announced in advance:
- Subsoil temperature sensor : demanded by the horticultural sector as well as other crops to know the temperature at different depths. This meter can prevent the appearance of diseases in the subsoil such as fungi or indicate when germination or flowering begins. + Info
- Flowmeter: designing and developing a flowmeter has been a request from distributors and customers since 2018. It is now on the market, allowing real-time reporting of applied irrigation as well as deficiencies between actual irrigation and the estimate by the farmer, technician or irrigator. + Info
- New improvements in the platform: Plantae is currently working in woody, horticultural, extensive crops, nurseries ... in traditional, intensive, super intensive, greenhouse, outdoor, hydroponic frameworks ... all this has been achieved thanks to new studies and calibrations in multiple types of soils, crops and clients. The novelty comes with the definition of « subzones » by sensor according to the type of soil in which they work.
What is Smart Agriculture?
It consists of bringing modern technology to all areas of the agricultural chain using technologies such as IoT (Internet of Things), Big Data or Machine Learning, to:
- Improve the quality of products.
- Increase the quantity of crops in a sustainable way while protecting the environment at all times.
- Streamline distribution and marketing of products.
Ways to apply Smart Agriculture
The objective is to bring new technologies to the entire agri-food sector chain.
- Manage and optimize the transportation of raw materials and products in general.
- Creation of intensive and super intensive plantations controlled by agricultural machinery.
- Control of the humidity, conductivity and hydraulic flow of the crops in addition to other parameters.
- Monitoring of the livestock industry with reproductive, nutritional and animal welfare information.
- Greenhouse crops optimizing all the variables that influence the crop.
- Laboratory techniques to improve both animal and plant species.
- Control of the environment with smart agriculture.
The agri-food sector and smart agriculture
The main challenges of the agri-food sector are:
- Bet on new technologies.
- Farmer training.
- Tendency to produce ecological and more natural products.
- Economic support for agriculture.
- Promote subsurface precision agriculture.
- Invest in research.
The importance of the event makes the press collects the characteristics of the fair and being Plantae one of the recognized companies within the global technological agricultural and broad presence at Startup Europe Smart Agrifood Summit 2020.
And these applications regain greater importance in the control of salinity, as has been shown in other articles:
- Encourage sustainable development.
- Favor climate change.
- Improve the quality and quantity of the product as supported by a recent study in pink Barbastro tomato .
Our sensors are equally adapted to outdoor, traditional, intensive, super-intensive agriculture and also to soil and hydroponic greenhouses.